Automatic Update (Preferred)
PaletteApp will automatically check for updates upon startup any time your computer is connected to the internet. You'll be prompted to update as soon as a newer version of PaletteApp becomes available. You may also access updates through the Help > Palette Updates menu. Here's how:
- Go to Help > Palette Updates and select "Check for Updates" (see fig. 1, above)
- If an update is available, select "Download"
- Close all Adobe applications before proceeding
- Select "Next" for each prompt; provide your password when prompted
Once you have successfully updated, PaletteApp will restart. You can confirm the new version number by going to Help > Palette Updates as in step 1.
If the PaletteApp update or uninstall process stops before completion, you can force an update by clearing PaletteApp from your system manually. Here's how:
- First, follow these instructions to back up your profiles and clear all temp files from PaletteApp.
- Remove PaletteApp from your system by deleting its Program Files/Applications folders. Your system will have at least one of the following present:
• /Applications/Palette 2
• /Applications/Palette Beta
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Palette 2
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Palette Beta
• C:\Program Files (x86)\PaletteApp
- Re-install fresh from palettegear.com/start or palettegear.com/beta
Re-Enabling Adobe Integrations
In rare cases, you may find that your Adobe integrations do not automatically re-enable during the update process. This usually occurs if they are not closed prior to updating.
Please see this article to re-enable your Adobe integrations.