This article shows how to remove Palette files and folders such as PaletteApp settings, temporary files, logs and drivers. Removing these files are required for a clean install.
Removing PaletteApp Files and Folders
The process is different for Mac OS and Windows.
1) Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Palette/PaletteAppV2/profiles
To get to this folder, run Finder and open the Go menu. Click on "Go to Folder..." and copy & paste the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Palette/PaletteAppV2/profiles
2) Backup your Palette Profiles
Copy all .plp files from this folder into a safe directory, or else they will be deleted in the next steps.
3) Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/
To get to this folder, run Finder and open the Go menu. Click on "Go to Folder..." and copy & paste the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/
4) Find and delete the Palette and PaletteApp 2 folders. These folders contains logs and temporary profiles saved inside PaletteApp.
5) Open the Terminal application and copy & paste the following commands
killall -9 cfprefsd rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.palettegear.PaletteAppV2.plist
to remove PaletteApp settings.
1) Navigate to C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\
To get to this folder, open the Computer folder and copy & paste the following path into the address bar: C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\
2) Find and delete the Palette and PaletteApp 2 folders. These folders contain logs and temporary profiles saved inside PaletteApp. If you want to save your profiles simply, copy the "profiles" folder inside the "Palette" folder and place it somewhere safe (ie. Desktop or Documents).
3) Open the desktop app Run through the Windows search bar or use Windows key + R. Type in regedit.
Click OK to continue.
4) Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then SOFTWARE. Find and delete the Palette folder.
5) Go to Program and Features through the Windows search bar. Find and remove Windows Driver Package - Atmel Corporation and Windows Driver Package - Palette (usbser) Ports